- Date: Tuesday August 13, 11:15am at Christine’s house
- Organizer: Birgit Stefani, 778, 245-8321, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 4793 Fir Rd Sechelt BC
- Accommodation: Day Trip
- Hike the wooded trails of the Sunshine Coast ending with a potluck BBQ. Everyone is asked to bring a potluck item to share, either an appy, salad or dessert. Hamburgers, sausages, and veggie burgers, plus coffee and tea will be provided. BYOB.
- Participants take the 9:50am ferry out of Horseshoe Bay arriving at Langdale at 10:35am and carpool to Christine Chandler’s house at 4793 Fir Rd Sechelt BC, for 11:15am. They can refrigerate any food, use the facilities and then head out for the hike. NOTE it is Seniors Day for the ferry and seniors are free, only the cost of the car. Recommended to carpool.
- Three level hike, easy, intermediate and challenging. Pack a small picnic lunch. All three hikes will end with a swim in Trout Lake. Bring your bathing suit and towel to leave in the cars.
- Followed by potluck BBQ
- There is an 8:50pm ferry from Langdale, leaving by 7:45 from Christine’s house.
Duration: Approximately 3-3.5 hours for hike, followed by BBQ. Participants should plan to be at the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal at 9:00 am.
Required Equipment: sturdy footwear, rain gear, light lunch or snack, hiking poles optional, bathing suit and towel optional
Inclement Weather Arrangements: We will stay in the trees and should be fine. Otherwise we can visit the town and art studios
Cost: BBQ items $5 to be collected at the event, and the cost of the ferry ($54 for car, $16 for adult passenger except senior free on the Tuesday). Carpooling recommended — signup for carpooling is at bottom of this page
Signup deadline: August 4wpDataTable with provided ID not found! wpDataTable with provided ID not found!